Intermediate Hurling League
Sat. March 4th. 

Blackrock 4 - 22 V Inniscarra 0 - 18.  

Report:  Roger ryan

Our Intermediate Hurlers continued their winning ways with a great victory over Inniscarra at Church Road this evening. Starting brightly they had 6 points on the board before Inniscara registered their first score. Half time score was Rockies 2 - 11, Inniscarra 0 – 07. With a similar score of 2 - 11 to 0 11 for Inniscarra in the second half, our boys ran out comfortable winners by a margin of 16 points.

Oliver Mc Adoo grabbed our first point shortly after the throw in and this was quickly with a similar score by Fionn Coleman. Kevin O'Keeffe then added the next 3 points and John O'Sullivan brought it to 6 points before Inniscarra had their first score, a point on the 15 minute mark. Inniscarra with a free then added their second point but this was quickly answered by Richie Laide who had sprinted up from the fullback line to tap over a sweet point, The score now read Rockies 0 – 07, Inniscarra 0 – 02. Inniscarra then woke up and struck a purple patch sending over the next 5 points to draw level at 0 – 07 each. But that was as good as it got for them for the remainder of the half as our boys upped the anti and proceeded to score a further 2 – 04 Without reply from Inniscarra. Kevin O'Keeffe with 2 points, Oliver Mc Adoo 1 point, P.J.Linehan had 1 point, but the man who reall did some serios damage was Fionn Coleman at full forward who chipped in with 2 excellent goals, bringing our tally to 2 – 11. Inniscarra failed to raise a flag in this period.

Inniscarra showed signs of a comeback at the beginning of the second half with the first two scores but with three converted frees Kevin soon soon had us back on track again. The score now read 2 – 14 to 0 – 09. Inniscarra replied with the next three points, Kevin added one for us. Inniscarra's next point was quickly followed by a similar score from Eoin O'Farrell to leave the score at 2 – 16 to 0 - 14. Ryan Sweeney and Lee O'Sullivan had entered the fray for us by this stage. Inniscarra with a point brought their score to 15 points and looked li8kely to follow with a goal but a mighty save by our goalie Ross Browne thwarted their efforts. They did manage the next score but this was quickly followed by 2 points from Kevin. To put us ahead by 8 points 2 – 18 to 0 – 16. Inniscarra's last score a point was followed up 3 points from Kevin. Ryan Sweeney then got on the scoring list with a point before Peter Linehan escaped his marker and planted the sliother in the back of the net for third goal. The last score fittingly fell to our chief scorer Kevin O'Keeffe who calmly planted a penalty ion the back of the net. Game over.

Scorers: Kevin O'Keeffe 1 – 14( 1P) 0 – 12F) , Fionn Cleman 2 – 01, Peter Linehan 1 – 01, Oliver Mc Adoo 0 – 02, John O'Sullivan 0 – 01, Richie Laide 0 – 01, Eoin O'Farrell 0 – 01, Ryan Sweeney 0 – 01.

Team: Ross Browne, Richie Laide, Gary Norberg, Connor Coakley, Luke O'Donovan, Ciarán Cormack, Eoin Smith, Kevin O'Keeffe, Ollie Mc Adoo, Eoin O;Farrell, John O'Sullivan, Ian O'Keeffe, Tom Grainger, Fionn Coleman, Peter Linehan. Subs Used: Ryan Sweeney & Lee O'Sullivan.
Referee: Pat Lyons, Bishopstown.